Handling Specialty Manufacturing Limited is an engineering and manufacturing firm located in Grimsby, Ontario (entrance to the Niagara Region). Due to strong growth we are creating a new position to manage our Human Resources and payroll/accounting disciplines.
This is a great opportunity for a designated (or close to) Accountant/ HRDC member to join this growing SME organization. Reporting to the President and working with the CFO, the successful applicant will be responsible for the daily operation of the finance function and for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate financial accounting. The successful applicant will also be expected to overseeing all aspects of the company payroll, benefits and pension programs.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload, as well as the workload of employees under his/her direction.
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Cooperation - Works with others to prevent conflict and share resources to encourage symbiotic relationships within the organization.
- Judgment - Ability to use sound reasoning when faced with various issues. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions.
- Organization - Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft platforms and particularly with Excel
- Working knowledge of job costing in a manufacturing environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll and employment legislation
- Manage the monthly financial close process ensuring that monthly account reconciliations and account reviews are complete and accurate
- Complete and review all the month-end financial reporting requirements including financial statements and reporting packages
- Preparation of monthly journal entries
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- GST, HST, QST, payroll tax returns and installments and various statutory reporting
- Ensure production of accurate and timely financial information for analysis
- Preparation of payroll
- Administration of pension and benefit plans
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Assist with the interview and selection of new hires
- Ensure mandatory employee training is completed
- Manage WSIB claims and reporting
- Provide HR support and guidance to senior management team
Resumes and covering letters can be issued to firstname.lastname@example.org.